Saturday 5 June 2010


Hello from the Atlantis Hotel Dubai.


Early flight from Heathrow fine, met at airport and private taxi to hotel. Obviously a brand new hotal with a nautical theme. Huge 11.5 million litre fish tank with all kinds of fish on display. Great big viewing windows. From the plush carpets to the decor the theme is the sea. Huge concrete painted shells adorn the outside of the hotel at all levels. The hotel is really two towers liked by a huge arabic style archway, certainly gets the architural juices going.


Excellent restaurants, buffet style, eat as much as you like - and the sweet selection - omg thankfully not a cheescake or chocolate gooey mess in site. I had two goes at the sweet counter last night, and still did not do it complete justice.


Appears a great hotel for the families, can swim with dolphins and the aquaventre is brill.


As the hotel is away from the central areas of Dubai I could not be bothered to take a bus or taxi so spent the day by the pool reading my book and swimming. When I had access to my room on Friday I stepped out onto the balcony to look at the sea and it was so hot & humid my glasses steamed up. Could not take photo's until early evening as the camera fogged up. Couple of catamarans came to visit last night, full of partygoers - music blarring easly heard form by balcony seat.


Once I have had my meal it will be back to the outside bar for a few nips as last night then sadly will need to pack.


Whilst my flight to Singapore is not till late tomorrow need to be out of the room by mid day. Thats it for now, next blog should be Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment