Tuesday 8 June 2010

Singapore - feel absolutely at home here, wet and warm and very green. No photo's as yet due to weather and a few cock ups. Could easily drive here, drive same side as us, all same signs etc - probably the British influence after the war.

Flight great, on time and very quickly through airport. Met by courier and personal transport to hotel. What a difference, my room and en-suite could fit into the en-suite at the Atlantis. Very comfortable but very similar to UK.

Found out that the hotel had a DIY launderette so at midnight was very busy catching up on one's chores - rest of hotel in bed I think.


Tuesday 8th June

Good night's sleep, up at 7am with a fire alarm - false alarm - but wide awake. Talked to the tour guide who has booked me onto a DUK ride, evening out and about in Singapore and a city tour tomorrow.

Went to go on the DUK, time to spare so went sightseeing, got lost, had a great chat with one of the shop assistants and missed my slot on the DUK. Probably just as well as it was dry when I went into the mall and teeming with rain when I found my way out - would have got very wet on the DUK.

Walked back to the hotel instead, dodging the rain (about 2hrs) - the BB Fleet umbrella came in very handy. Had lunch with an American lady who lives out here, very pleasant chat over noodles, octopus and prawns. Had a look in the Raffles hotel complex of shops, tonight will be visiting for a drink or 3. However the lass behind the bar in this hotel says her Singapore slings are much better so maybe will have to try a couple in both places tonight.

Did take a couple of photo's but not uploaded yet - of a hotel with palm trees and a garden on it's roof. The hotel is huge and I doubt that my photo's will do it justice, bearing in mind I am at street level and this was some distance off.

I will try to blog from Aus whilst waiting in transit for my flight to NZ. Time of pick up from this hotel is 4.45pm tomorrow so another overnight flight etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment